Nearly everything we dream for will in some fashion involve money. If you really want to achieve your dreams, a financial plan to support your efforts in working towards achieving what you want to achieve is an essential early step on the journey.
Everyone’s financial plan is different, because everyone’s dreams are different. There is no perfect plan, but as Eisenhower said “Plans are useless, but planning is everything”. Getting things in place, and in order will give you the confidence that you need to at least get started. Regular review and adjustment to the plan is essential of course.
Some of the things we might address in a robust financial plan include:
- Work out how you are spending your money to identify ways to save – prepare a household budget.
- Borrow wisely and only when necessary. Borrow for things that provide long-term value. Control the use of credit cards.
- Be Systematic with your savings. Consider an automatic savings program so that some amount is deposited into a savings account each time you are paid.
- Go for Goal. Whether it is accumulating a deposit for a home, paying for a car or saving for a holiday, connecting a tangible goal with your saving can provide the motivation and discipline you need to save.
- Protect yourself and your family with adequate insurance.
- Take advantage of any Government support schemes or incentives.
- Take advantage of employee benefit plans offered by your employer.
For us helping a client to put a plan in place, and start the journey towards their goals is the most rewarding thing we can do. We’d love to be part of it with you.